Monday, June 21, 2010

first blog. update you on what happend

Sorry about my grammer and/or spelling. Im trying to write this as fast as i can bc i want some kind of support/help/answers.

So, i moved out of my boyfriends house and into my sisters apartment in march of 2010. Its a crappy 16 unit apartment building. We live on the top floor, each floor has 4 apts. We only have one neighbor. My sister had to travel to syracuse ny for her job. When she came home she had this ring around her neck like an allergic reaction to fake jewlery. A month passes. Our neighbor across the hall moves out and into a lower floor apt. I start getting these bites. I show the nurses i work with and they tell me it has to be flea bites bc i have a cat. But i put advantage flea stuff on my cat. I brush off their flea theory. My sister thinks Im crazy, and my boyfriend does also. They say Im overreacting over a few bites, but they dont understand how itchy these things are. So itchy to the point i itch them open and make them bleed. We find a beautiful, i mean BEAUTIFUL, just built 2 bedroom apartment. Higher price, but worth getting out of the area. Sign the lease and are to move June 1, 2010. Then my sister then started getting bites. Way to call me the crazy one right?? I have no insurance, she does. So she goes to her doctor on tues may 25,2010. Her doctor tells her its scabies. So $40 later and a tiny tube of permithrin cream, we wash our bed sheets and lather up. But that wasnt the end of it. We kept getting bites. Let me mind you we are in our early 20's. That 40 dollar cream alone set us back with having coming up with 1600 for the rent and security deposit on the new place with our paychecks for the month. So anyways, we kept getting bites. So i thought, maybe my cat does have fleas. $70 later with flea bombs, flea spray and another box of advantage I decide to take action against the fleas right after work on friday may 28,2010. Spray everything, take my cat to my boyfriends, and bombed the apartment. My sister works 2 jobs. One 9-5 monday- fri and a weekend job, so fridays she goes from one job straight to the next. The apartment was aired out just in time for when she got home at 12am sat morning. We decide to take the bedsheets and comforters to the laundrymat. On our way out the door, my sister mentions how we forgot the dust ruffle that goes in between the mattress and box springs. Thats when my world came to a halt. We picked up the mattress and went to grab the dust raffle when BAM. my sister (SARAH) starts freaking out! You know, the hop jump and screaming when you see a bug?? I run to the kitchen grab a cup and let it crawl into it then doused it in my flea spray. thats when sarah says the word. BED BUGS. We looked around the edges of her mattress and found one area of black dots and another bed bug. we didnt know what to do. we dropped the mattress and ran into my room and looked at my mattress. nothing. why was there nothing in my room when i was getting bit up more than she was????? So after that stress, and not knowing what to do, we decide to go down the street to the bar to grab a beer on a bed bug free stool and discuss our options with our little amount of money due to treating something else. We finish our one beer and head to walmart at now 2 am. we buy 2 mattress covers $40 total. didnt have enough to buy 4 so the box springs could get one alos. We head back to the apt and shove the mattresses in the covers and then sit in the living room searching for bed bug information on the computer as well as exterminators. Thank God they have 1800 numbers. Too bad we found out the exterminator would cost US about 100o for our apartment and state regulations would make it manditory that ALL 16 apartments to be exterminated!!!! and on top of that we searched whose responsibility, landlord or tenant and found out depending on the state, we would be responsible for the bill. and thats just one treatment. its then about 5 am on sat may 29. we are to move in 3 days, which means we have to unpack all of our boxes. Oh joy. The computer said to still sleep in your bed, but HOW can I let them crawl on me??? We resort to the loveseat and couch. Wake up at 9am. What a measly 4 hours sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment